Hackathon Official Rules
PLEASE KNOW THAT THERE IS NO PURCHASE INVOLVED TO EITHER ENTER OR TO WIN ANY PRIZE IN THIS HACKATHON. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THIS HACKATHON IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT BY ENTERING THIS HACKATHON, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION AND AGREE TO ALL OF ITS OFFICIAL RULES.
The Blockchain Challenge Inc., is looking for you to propose a Blockchain based tool that will enable the capture of economic transaction information of local communities with transparency and traceability and thus allowing the obtaining of value from it when executing the benefits from collective bargains. You will be given the unique opportunity to hack and/or work with inclusion and technology experts to realize your idea. Sign up now and develop a new concept over the course of three (3) weeks.
A. BINDING AGREEMENT
By entering the online hackathon of the Administrator (“Hackathon”), you agree to these official rules ("Rules"). You also agree to form a binding legal agreement between you and the Administrator concerning the Hackathon. You may not compete and/or receive any prize regarding the Hackathon if you do not fully agree to these Rules.
The Hackathon is administered and sponsored by The Blockchain Challenge Inc., 3840 19th Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94132 (“Administrator”).
C. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be able to participate in the Hackathon, you must be: (i) 18 years or older and/or above the age of majority in your state or country of residence, and (ii) registered for the Hackathon. The Hackathon is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
If the Administrator has any reason to believe that you are not abiding by any of these Rules, you may be retired from the Hackathon at the Administrator’s sole discretion.
It is only your responsibility to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter the Hackathon and to receive a Prize under any laws applicable to you in your jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
D. HOW TO ENTER THE HACKATHON
THERE IS NO PURCHASE INVOLVED TO ENTER THIS HACKATHON.
- Register, during the Registration Period, at https://quipu-blockchain-hackathon.devpost.com/ (“Hackathon Site”), complete all requested information and accept the Rules.
- Submit an Entry for the requested concept as per the instructions and requirements provided on the Hackathon Site.
- Once the Entries are submitted, the judges selected by the Administrator will vote on the ideas according to the criteria established in the Rules. The Administrator will announce the winner that has received the majority of the votes.
- If you choose to, you will have the opportunity to join or form a team around each Entry, with each team comprised of up to four (4) individuals. There will only be one team per idea, and you may only join one team. Each team member must meet the eligibility criteria in these Rules, and each must then register individually and as a team by December 14, 2018, at 11:45 PM EST.
NOTE: Once you have registered, you will not be allowed to switch teams. The Administrator is not responsible for resolving any dispute between the team members.
- Each individual or team must provide and submit links from the material posted on Github and the video demo from a video platform.
E. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
You must submit an Entry that meets the following requirements (“Entry Requirements”):
- Architect the solution to fulfill the requirements and describe why it will work, and post it to GitHub.
- Build a prototype using the developer tools and platforms you are familiar with, and post it to GitHub.
- Create a video demo explaining the functionality, posted on a public video platform.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: By submitting an Entry, you are expressly stating and agreeing to the fact that:
- Your Entry is your original work and produced exclusively for this Hackathon and that it is not, in any part or in any form, violating or infringing the intellectual and industrial property of any third party, including but not limited to patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or any other rights, or any other form of property that belongs to others;
- Your Entry does not contain any malware or bug or is in anyway harmful to any other computer system.
- Your entry is within the general terms of the Hackathon, its Rules and Requirements.
- Your Entry must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, Sponsor, or any third party.
- Your Entry must be in the English language.
You also understand and acknowledge that:
- The Administrator is not responsible for any other Entry submitted by any other participant of the Hackathon that may be similar or identical to yours. You, therefore, waive any claim against the Administrator for any similar or identical entry to yours.
- You agree to give your express consent for the Administrator for using and reproducing your name and/or image without additional compensation in any medium (including, without limitation, in print, via television, via the internet, via email or in any other media now known or hereafter devised) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without compensation or notification to or permission from the Entrant of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
- If you disagree with granting us any of the rights provided in these Rules, please refrain from entering this Hackathon.
- You can either participate as an individual or as part of a team, not both. You may only submit one Entry for this Hackathon.
F. USAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Administrator may collect, save and share your personal information to be able to execute the Hackathon fully.
G. HACKATHON PERIOD
The Hackathon, the registration for the Hackathon and the submission of Entries will take place between 012:00 AM EST on November 26, 2018, and 11:45 PM EST on December 14, 2018 ("Entry Period").
H. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Warranty. You warrant that your Entry is your original work and, as such, you are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that you have the right to submit the Entry in the Hackathon and grant all required licenses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Administrator and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Entry, algorithm, or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Hackathon; (iii) any non-compliance and breach by you of these Rules and the representations and warranties set forth herein; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to your involvement with the Hackathon; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Hackathon-related activity or participation in the Hackathon, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or right of publicity; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Hackathon web site in relation to the entry and participation in the Hackathon by you; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the Entry and your participation in the Hackathon;
Intellectual Property Rights and License. You will retain ownership of your Entry. However, to enter the Hackathon, you agree to grant the Administrator a full license of your Entry. By entering the Hackathon, you understand and expressly agree to grant the Administrator the full right, without any limitation whatsoever, to reproduce and publish your Entry online and in any media. You also agree to grant to the Administrator a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right to:
(a) Use, review, test, make changes to, develop, publish, sub-license to any third party, your entry and all its content without any limitation whatsoever.
(b) Exercise its option and right of first refusal to enter into any additional license or agreement with you to the idea contained in your Entry after the conclusion of the Hackathon (as further detailed below). By participating in the Hackathon, you agree to sign all documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights granted herein, if necessary.
The Administrator is offering one cash prize for this Hackathon:
First Place Prize: One thousand dollars (US $1,000.00).
The total value of all prizes awarded is US $1,000.00. Cash prize will be delivered to the winner by the Administrator by check or electronic transfer within one month from the receipt of all necessary forms that may apply.
J. PRIZE TERMS
No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at the Administrator's sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Administrator's sole and absolute discretion. It is the sole responsibility of the prize winner to take care of all federal, state and local taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges if any.
Starting at approximately 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on December 15, 2018, the judges will start reviewing the submissions.
The Administrator will select the judges.
How well you architect and build your idea.
How well you leverage the technology and provide an impactful solution to the problem.
All judges’ decisions are final.
L. WINNER TERMS
Winner must continuously comply with all the terms and conditions of these Rules, without exception. If the winner cannot be contacted for whatever reason may be, the winner will be disqualified from the Hackathon and will forfeit the prize.
If a potential team is disqualified for any reason, the Administrator may award a prize to the individual or team with the next highest score based on the judges’ scoring. The Administrator may repeat this until all winning teams are determined.
M. ADMINISTRATOR'S RIGHT TO MODIFY OR TERMINATE HACKATHON
In case any operation or security issue arises, the Administrator, at its sole discretion may suspend the Hackathon and resume when convenient to the Administrator's criteria. The Administrator may take any reasonable action to face any problematic circumstance and reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify any periods or suspend the Hackathon.
N. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You voluntarily and knowingly acknowledge and assume all risks to health associated with you participating in this Hackathon. You, therefore, waive any claims that can be brought as a result of your participation in the Hackathon.
In no event will the Administrator be liable to you or to any of your relatives, heirs, assignees, executors, and administrators or employers, for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential damage of any nature whatsoever including any type of loss of profits, data, loss of opportunity and/or expectation loss. To the extent that the Administrator may be liable to you, the Administrator's liability shall not exceed the aggregate sum of US S$10.oo.
O. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
By registering and participating in the Hackathon, you expressly agree to your full agreement to these Rules and other instructions related to the Hackathon, as well as to our decisions regarding the Hackathon, which are final and binding. Winning a prize depends entirely on continuously fulfilling all requirements in these Rules.
If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
This Hackathon and any services or materials provided by the Administrator in connection with this Hackathon are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Administrator reserves the right to discontinue, terminate or postpone this Hackathon at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice to you, and without incurring any liability to you.
The Hackathon is governed by the laws of the state of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions.
R. WINNERS LIST
To obtain the name of the prize winners, please visit the Hackathon Website on December 20, 2018, as from 1:00 PM EST.
Extension! We will announced 11:59 EST!, December 20th, 2018 Due the detailed great detailed solutions. Stay tuned!